Tuesday 14 June 2011

Long time no post

The garden and allotment are still progressing.Some successes and some failures.I have recently had a weeks holiday so left everything to nature's mercy in the garden.
From the allotment I have had radishes,spinach, an overwintering onion,early potatoes and some peas.Much weeding has been done since my last post.The broan beans are covered in blackfly and have done badly.
In the greenhouse I have loads of tomatoes potted up,some peppers and chillis.
The growbag has Koralik tomatoes in it.
From the garden I have had some lovely overwintered broad beans,radishes and rocket.I have also potted up some tomatoes that have self seeded from last year and they will end up at the allotment.
This morning I dug out a tree and cleared a patch for Moonlight runner beans.I have sorted out 1 flowerbed and filled it with Cosmos,Verbena Bon.,Lavatera,Dahlias and others.
My Greek giant beans have failed as has my first batch of Moonlight beans.
In the Conservatory my Cucumber has a number of fruits,my chillis are growing and I have 5 different types of Basil.
Now its time to plant some lettuce and salad crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment