Tuesday 23 October 2012

Allotment update

For the first time in ages I went to the allotment.It was perfect weather for it.dry not too hot or cold and I got a fair bit done.The old onion patch was dug over and I planted of row of leeks.

On the harvesting front I harvested Green Delicacy kohlrabi,Flyaway carrots,Snowball turnip,Helenor swede,Ishikura spring onions,Greenleaf lettuce and Autumn Bliss raspberries.

The recent weather has finally killed off my tomato patch so I have harvested any that show any sign of colour and pulled the plants up.I have also dug up my Annabel french beans which were finished,I am leaving the runnerbeans for seed.

In the brassica cage I have finally got around to planting some Kale plants,I am sure that the resident whitefly will soon be feasting on them.I have some Falstaff brussel sprouts on the plants,I have also taken lots of munched leaves off.

No comments:

Post a Comment