Thursday 8 March 2012

Nice weather for a change

After the last week of horrible weather it was nice to finally get down to the allotment.I planted some marshmello strawberry runners kindly given to me by Manicscousers that I have had lounging about in the garden.I also harvested some volunteer Gladiator parsnips and a meagre amount of Brussel sprouts.I then dug over this years potato bed so I can get a row of Pentland Javelin in and moved my groundsheet off of the legume bed,the soil there looks lovely,after a bit of rain I will start to plant out my Aquadulce broad beans.
At home I have started some Early Onward peas and potted on some beefsteak tomatoes for a forum competition.

1 comment:

  1. I agree the weather has turned for the better, not due to last long though.

    ReplyDelete