Wednesday 28 March 2012

Straw trip

 I would like to thank The Hope for the strawbale and my allotment neighbours for the use of their wheelbarrow for transporting it back to the allotment.
I have only got 8 Marshmello Strawberry plants at the moment but two are already flowering and hopefully the straw will help against slugs.
I have planted out one row of Charlotte potatoes,one row of Rumba Onions and one row of Red Baron Onions,12 Early Onward Pea plants and some Borage.
In the garden I have planted Violetta Broad Beans,Swallow Peas,Early Nantes Carrots and Ishikara Spring Onions.
On the seed front I have started pots of Principe Borghese,Mortgage Lifter,Zinnia Elegans Queen Red Lime,Marigold Galore,French Marigold Golden Winner and Pansy Giant Fancy.
I have potted on Gazania Sunshine mixed,Zinnia Elegans Queen Red Lime and Slovenian Black Tomatoes.
I have also managed to cook my Piccolino Cucumber and some Black Hungarian Chillies.

No comments:

Post a Comment