Tuesday 5 July 2011

Hilds Blauer Herbst und Winter radish

I picked this beauty yesterday and it certainly has some oomph.I shall definitely be planting some more.
I went to the allotment this morning and found that my neighbour had finally got round to tidying up our joint border,this was a pleasant surprise and so I spent a good hour tidying up my side.It will certainly allow more light in and makes the plot look much better.I planted Spring Onions,Early Nantes carrots,Gladiator parsnips and some Boltardy beetroot.It makes a change from weeding.On the produce front I harvested Rocket potatoes,A Japanese overwintering onion and some Carrots and got another lettuce from my neighbours.I also earthed up the Picasso potatoes and weeded a couple of rows.
In the Garden I harvested my containers containing Emerald Vale and Rocket potatoes,the former was very disapointing and the later adequate.I think they are much more productive when grown in the soil.I have pulled out the Broad beans to give me some more space and found an ants nest in my leaf mulch which has been nuked,

No comments:

Post a Comment