Thursday 28 June 2012

Lost wedding ring

On Monday I decided to tidy up this area.I weeded and bagged up 4 bags of rubbish and moved the compost heap by hand obviously.I also weeded my carrot bed and planted some Painted Lady runner beans.basically I was all over the plot.Later that night I noticed my wedding ring had slipped off whilst in the garden,a search of that foung nothing and on Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday have been going through bags of rubbish and compost to try and find it at the allotment.

The area has now been dug over and another bag of roots dug out of the ground.Tomorrow I will be back weeding and sieving through garden debris until I find it.
On the produce front I have had my first new potatoes of the year Blemish free Pentland Javelins very nice they were too.I will leave the rest for a bit longer.I have also harvested a Garlic clove which was a bit on the small side so they will be left for a bit longer.I have had some more strawberries and broad beans.
I have planted rows of French Breakfast radish,Gladiator parsnips,Red salad Bowl lettuce and Annabel dwarf French beans.
On the potting on front I have done Sungold,Mortgage Lifter,Latah,Early Tanana,Sungella,Dwarf Mr Snow and Tasmanian Chocolate tomatoes,Tobacco,4 Seasons strawberry,Tzimbalo,Echinacea and Rudbeckia Rustic Dwarf.
On the failure front Bonne Bouche is a no show and my Paton's Twin Giant pumpkin seeds have still not germinated from early May so have been repotted and left outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment