Monday 3 September 2012

Seed saving Tomato seeds

A simple guide to saving your own tomato seeds.
Here is Early Tanana,Koralik,Latah and Monkey's Ass in their containers at various stages.
Stage 1 remove seeds from the tomato,I tend to use a penknife.I put them into containers,add water,give them a stir,cover them and leave for 3 days.I label the pots.I stir this smelly mixture on a daily basis.Then I pour off the water and rinse several times in a sieve.I then pour the seeds onto a plate and cover them with kitchen tissue.I then put them somewhere safe and forget about them for a week or two.














After a week the seeds should be dry so I use a pair of tweezers to separate them and place them on a plate.

















Then they get bagged up and labelled.I then put them away until required

No comments:

Post a Comment